Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Board of Directors
Employment Status: Regular/Part-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Description: Provide clerical and membership assistance for the efficient and effective operation of the Chamber of Commerce office. Supports Board of Directors and Chamber members through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Ensures all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
NOTE: The lists below are not ranked in order of importance.
- Complies with Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCII) and/or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal background check(s) within timeframes prescribed by law
- A record free of criminal violations that would prohibit government employment
- Reliable transportation, including valid driver license and adequate insurance
- Ability to work effectively with others and communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective active listening skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- General bookkeeping skills
- Ability to generate correspondence and reports independently
- Ability to operate office equipment, e.g., copy machine, computer
- Ability to take and distribute accurate meeting notes
Essential Functions, other duties as assigned:
- Perform duties of receptionist by answering telephone, recording messages, sorting/distributing mail, and greeting visitors.
- Operate all office equipment including copier and computer.
- Assist in the maintenance of the uniform filing system for all information and other pertinent data.
- Handle routine correspondence independently.
- Input information into and retrieve information from computer.
- Type, assemble, and distribute the membership directory as well as Board agenda and materials for each monthly Board and Membership meeting.
- Prepare and maintain all files for the Board of Directors.
- Record Board meeting minutes.
- Type, copy and assemble all public relations materials.
- Maintain files on Chamber members.
- Maintain respect at all times for confidential information.
- Arrange conferences and meetings for Board of Directors.
- Type all correspondence and reports.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Make contacts with the public with tact and diplomacy.
- Update and distribute all new or revised policies.
- Create and update event calendar, membership directory, phone lists, and local employment postings, upon changes or when deemed necessary.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Promote good public relations.
- Contact members, as directed/assigned.
- Safety is essential to job performance. Employees must comply with applicable workplace safety regulations and health laws, if duties involve any of the following situations:
- Encounters with angry, rude and/or unpleasant individuals.
- Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemicals, combustible materials, electrical hazards, equipment vibrations, noise, moving mechanical parts, odors and/or slippery/uneven surfaces.
- Exposure to communicable diseases.
- Exposure to weather conditions and/or temperature extremes.
- Extensive standing/sitting. Frequent balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, or reaching.
- Operating and/or riding in a vehicle. Working in or near vehicular traffic.
- Performing difficult tasks that require dexterity, physical strength, and stamina.
- Traveling to meetings and work assignments.
- Working at heights, in confined spaces and/or under diminished lighting.
Adams County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent. The incumbent will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the incumbent’s supervisor, appointing authority. Employee job performance is evaluated according to Board policy, administrative guidelines, and contractual agreements. The position will have a 120 day probation period.