Position: Business Coordinator
Reports To: Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Job Summary: The Business Coordinator is a key player in overseeing day-to-day operations at the chamber, ensuring the smooth fulfillment of logistical needs outlined below. This part-time position offers 20 hours per week with the potential for additional hours. The responsibilities encompass a wide range of tasks, including maintaining relations with Chamber Members, handling administrative and marketing duties (such as phone inquiries, office supply management, correspondence typing, and bookkeeping), coordinating events, managing the Chamber calendar, engaging in social media marketing, overseeing website management, crafting compelling press releases, and efficiently utilizing membership management software for member engagement.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record in a multitasking environment, showcasing effective prioritization skills. This position is integral to the seamless functioning of the Chamber’s daily operations. Standard workdays are Tuesday through Friday, in the office. However, flexibility is essential, as there may be occasional evening, early morning, or weekend meetings/events. The candidate should also possess strong organizational skills, excellent time management abilities, and the capacity to delegate tasks as necessary to ensure optimal productivity.
Essential Duties and responsibilities including (and other duties as assigned):
Membership Retention and Growth
- Communicate with existing and new businesses to retain and increase membership, hear their concerns, and encourage active participation in chamber activities and programs.
- Identify potential new members and establish a contact program to increase chamber membership.
- Set goals with the board of trustees for acquiring new members and provide a monthly report to the Board on the status of those activities.
- Work directly with the membership committee ensuring best practices in business and membership development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with chamber members to identify their concerns that can be addressed in the chamber program of action
- Identify community needs and assist in the development of the chamber program of action that addresses those needs from a business development point of view.
- Work closely with chamber advocacy groups and committees representing business needs with all levels of public policymakers and officials.
- Interpret and communicate objectives, policies, and procedures from the Board of Trustees to chamber committees, action groups, and staff.
- Direct the implementation of all areas of the program of action, utilizing appropriate committees and staff, and provide regular reporting on progress to the Board of Trustees.
Community Liaison, Public Relations and Outreach
- Develop and maintain relationships within the community including appropriate governmental staff and departments, and other community leaders
- Attend professional conferences, seminars, and other agency meetings as directed and approved by the chamber board or executive committee.
- Prepare monthly agendas for board meetings in collaboration with the Chair of the Board.
- Present monthly reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Work on the annual operating budget with input from the Treasurer and Chair, subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and distribute board packets for the Board of Trustees one week before each monthly meeting. Board packets include the agenda, minutes of the previous meeting, and detailed financial reports.
- Ensure that the Board is well-informed and can actively participate in discussions during monthly meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to solicit input from the business community and provide resources for the business community to maintain a healthy business environment.
- Ability to maintain discretion in dealing with confidential information, and utilize tact and diplomacy in communications.
- Ability to reconcile varied views of trustees, chamber members, and others in the community.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities, make appropriate decisions, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, both on the telephone and in person
- Ability to manage the financial assets of the chamber.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and workloads while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to members, not-yet-members, and outside organizations
- Team player who will assist when needed outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
- Professional presence and strong interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- Associate’s degree in business, marketing, or communications preferred.
- 2 years of management experience preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- 2 years of business-to-business sales experience preferred.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- The position requires the physical stamina to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Adams County Chamber of Commerce is an equal-opportunity employer. This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the incumbent. The incumbent will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the incumbent’s supervisor, appointing authority. Employee job performance is evaluated according to Board policy, administrative guidelines, and contractual agreements. The position will have a 120 day probation period.